The Desert Trail, which celebrated its 75th birthday in April 2010, is the oldest newspaper of record in the Morongo Basin. Founded by pioneer newsman Bill Underhill in 1935, it serves Twentynine Palms, Wonder Valley, Desert Heights and the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center, providing community news readers often cannot get anywhere else. The paper has been owned since 1972 by Brehm Communications Inc., a family-owned company dedicated to covering the communities it serves. The Trail is published every Thursday.
With a large advertising base, community news, sports, local columnists, complete television guide, calendar and a strong classified section, the Trail commands high readership in the community.
- Old Woman Springs Road won’t close
- Boys see improvements, girls win matches
- Trojans boys take two out of three home and away
- Yucca Valley will roll into new year led by Mayor Lombardo
- Santa leads Festival of Lights Parade
- Burglar pleads guilty to manslaughter for man's 2013 death
- Joseph Portwood McCloskey
- Gregory Eugene Ecklund
- Driver flips car to avoid crash
- Four men busted in prostitution sting
- Health district buys $2.5 million building complex
- Carole Hernandez
- Sound warning bell about Democrats
- Elaina (Garcia) Osburn
- Jerad Adam Strickland
- Joshua trees and yuccas bloom after fluke rain and cold in October
- City is financially strong, says Wright
- William F. Murray
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.